The Mississippi Orthopaedic Society is a non-profit organization composed of orthopaedic surgeons in the state of Mississippi, including active practicing, retired, and resident physicians. The Mississippi Orthopaedic Society exists to enhance its members' ability to provide the highest possible quality musculoskeletal care to patients. This goal is served by the Society's promotion of continuing medical education and physician professionalism and collegiality.
In addition to the provision of scientific education, the Society strives to educate its members on socioeconomic and political issues which affect or control their ability to provide high quality medical care. This includes participation in the legislative process as it affects the care of patients.
The object of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society shall be:
To form a closer association of the orthopaedic surgeons of Mississippi for the advancement of the science of bone and joint surgery. It shall strive to maintain the character and standards of orthopaedic society as outlined by The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Mississippi Orthopaedic Society
P.O. Box 5034
Jackson MS 39296
P: (228) 822-4703
F: (228) 822-4769
The Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, a state society for the orthopaedic surgeons, was founded in an effort to raise the standards of orthopaedic practices by providing ongoing education, networking, recognition and certification.
Board of Directors
- Adair Cunningham, Executive Director
- Capitol Resource LLC 210 E Capitol St Ste 1262 Jackson MS 39201-2300
- Office: (601)948-6020
- Robert Kersey Mehrle, MD, President
- 1325 E Fortification St Jackson MS 39202
- Office: (601) 815-1722
- Donnis K Harrison, MD, Vice President
- 3615 Hospital Rd Pascagoula MS 39581
- Fax: (228) 769-7015
- Lawrence LeRoy Line, Jr MD, Secretary/Treasurer
- 17 Bocage Hattiesburg MS 39402
- Office: (601) 554-7402
Board of Councilors
- Alexander Blevens, MD
- 3635 Bienville Blvd Ocean Springs MS 39564-5711
- Office: (228) 875-1849
- Fax: (228) 875-6257
- George V Russell Jr, MD
- Dept of Ortho Surg 2500 North State St Jackson MS 39216-4505
- Office: (601)815-5698
- Fax: (601)815-5698